Thursday, May 11, 2006

The 1980 Superman Club


In 1980, DC President Sol Harrison "personally" invited me (I was on their mailing list because of the Direct Currents newsletter from a couple years earlier) to join the new Superman Club "before your friends even hear about it!" Being 21 that year, I wasn't really much of a joiner anymore (although that Buckarooo Banzai Fan Club was still in my future. Ahem!) so I passed. I did, however, come across that original invitation in the Postal section of my Library. Did any of you join? Did it ever really get off the ground at all? Let me know. In the meantime, here's the flyer along with the original envelope.

1 comment:

  1. I subscribed to the Direct Currents newsletter (I loved those giant cover posters) also and I recieved the invitation to the Superman Fan Club as well. However, I can't remember joining the club.

    ReplyDelete