Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rare Fred Hembeck



Since the recent publication of Fred Hembeck's book, THE NEARLY COMPLETE ESSENTIAL HEMBECK ARCHIVES OMNIBUS (review forthcoming!), it seems to have become a bit of a badge of honor to find forgotten Hembeck art that didn't make the telephone book sized volume. Well, here's my contribution-from the controversial 1978 fanzine AFTA, here are 4 spot illustrations from Fred that I do NOT find in the book. A full page from the smae 'zine featuring the Charlton heroes DOES appear in the new book but apparently these cute l'il drawings were passed by...until now. Spider-Man, obviously, Red Sonja and a couple of PLOP-like people.

1 comment:

  1. I gotta tell ya, I loved me some Bill Dale Marzinko's AFTA! I even sent him a few extra dollars to keep it going and we all know how that worked out.

    ReplyDelete