Sunday, November 09, 2014

Happy Anniversary Robin Hood



One of my favorite stories since childhood, from Howard Pyle to Doctor Who, this particular Disney version sadly has a negative connotation for me since I was, in fact, robbed while watching it! Seems a ne'er-do-well who knew 14 year old me from school was sitting a few rows ahead and decided to come and beat me up right there in the theater for my money! Nobody helped. Not the guy I'd gone with, not the ushers and certainly not the other filmgoers who were yelling "Sit down. You're blocking the picture!"Sigh...He took about $5.00 I had, then casually walked to the emergency exit and left the theater. I complained to the management in tears and it seems like they refunded my 75 cent admission price and gave me a free Coke. I stayed and finished the movie and the asshole apparently moved away (or was SENT away) within the week. Needless to say, I couldn't enjoy it nearly as much as I had hoped to!

No comments:

Post a Comment